My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Shabby Chic Cabin Furniture

I have been working on some furniture for the Shabby Chic Cabin project.
This vintage wing chair was a gift from a niece a while back - she knows I collect miniatures and picked it up at an antique mall a  while back.


The first step was to remove the cushions.

I then painted bright red mahogany color a glossy brown that I have been using on other parts of the cabin project.  Once that was dry, I coated with the crackle finish and finished up with the warm white paint that is also part of the color palette for the cabin.

Here are the front and back views with the cushions reinstalled.




The next project is a wardrobe for the loft bedroom.  I decided to do the crackle finish over the existing brown stain.

 I am going to line the wardrobe with some small print craft paper 
(as soon as I find the right one!)


Up next were these Victorian style kitchen chairs.  I have had these in my collection for over 30 years.  I had envisioned them in a Victorian house, but the cabin project will also be a nice home.  I was never able to find a table that was the same stain color as the chairs. So win win ?

Here are the chairs coated with the crackle mixture waiting to dry.




 I think they turned out nicely!  I have them paired with the table below.  This was the table that I displayed them with and it always bothered me that the table stain was just a little darker - problem solved!  I think I will keep it stained.


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of crackle finish! I love how everything looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Troy,
    Great job on these pieces. they fit the scene to perfection. You did a terrific job finishing them, and what a lovely chair your niece got you. It has lovely detail.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - That wing chair is a beautiful piece, and you've changed it into a work of art with its new finish. The wardrobe, too, is greatly improved and will be a wonderful piece for the loft bedroom. The dining chairs are a perfect fit for the cabin, and I think you were right to leave the dark stain on the table; I like the contrast between the dark table and white chairs. This is such an interesting project, and it grows better with each post.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bonitas transformaciones has hecho con los esos muebles! el sillón orejero es mi pieza favorita,me encanta!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete