My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Recent Acquisitions

I have come across a few more miniature finds.  This last weekend at the Tulsa Vintage Show, I picked up this 1940's patio furniture in nearly mint condition.  I also purchased the tiny metal balustrade at the show.

I came across a few interesting thimbles at a local estate sale.  The dark blue one is wood and has colorful flowers painted on it, the brass one has an embroidered border and is labeled "Made in Austria", the one on the end is crocheted.  They will make excellent waste paper bins. The two metal place card holders are from another estate sale.  The two metal planters might go great with the patio set and some appropriate scaled plants?
The vintage cast iron table was a local antique mall find and is most likely a reproduction from the 1970's.  To see similar cast iron pieces in my collection click HERE

The cast metal (lead?) balustrade is marked "MADE IN ENGLAND BY BRITAINS LTD LONDON" on the bottom and has a number  "No 61"  I'm not sure what it is, but I think I might try to use it for a Victorian type fire place fender or perhaps in a garden.  The sales person said they were from the 1930's or 1940's.

I purchased these two miniature plates recently on Ebay after a tip from a friend.  
I believe that they are Napoleon Bonaparte and his second wife Marie Louise, but I am not positive. 

The plates are Limoges


The patio set is marked PLASCO TOY on the bottom.  
I had not seen one in this color before.


It kind of makes me long for spring! 

To see more of my plastic furniture by Renwal, Plasco & Reliable click HERE

5 comments:

  1. has encontrado unas piezas muy interesantes!! buen descubrimiento.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello troy,
    These are terrific finds. I especially like the table and railing, and the plates are fantastic.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those plates and that patio set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has encontrado verdaderos tesoros,felicidades:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Troy - All of your new pieces are so interesting, as usual. I love that metal balustrade, and I agree that it would look very well bordering a garden. The metal planters seem made for the patio set. The two plates are wonderful finds. Your last photo does look like spring - a great background! I long for spring too - or at least something besides a blanket of white everywhere I look!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete