Saturday, February 28, 2015
It is a cold snowy day here in Oklahoma so I have a little time to stay inside and play.
I am still in the process of figuring out what wall paper and what fabric I have to use for each room in the Kage House.
This is the nursery. I have settled on this pink print and a textured blue fabric for the floor. The small is cradle is not Kage, but it is the right scale!
The house is taking shape. I dragged out a few accessories for inspiration. The difficult thing with this furniture is trying to find wall coverings and window coverings that will help show off the furniture and not compete with it.
I did finish the wood floors in the living room and dining room.
Friday, February 20, 2015
I had a little time this week to make some progress on the Kage House.
I am using foam core for this project.
The look I am shooting for is an Art Deco, urban, brownstone type feel.
I had to "play" a little to make sure I had the scale of the rooms correct.
Nothing glued yet, just held in place with pins.
This is the living room just off the entry
This last picture shows the Front entry with the living room on the left. The formal dining room will be on the right.
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Now that I have all these doors and windows, I was anxious to get started.
I started with the doors, then the windows, then the window frames. The first coat isn't as dark as I would like it to be, but I will have to take a look at it after it dries. I used a cherry finish, but perhaps I may have to go over it with mahogany. I would like it to match the stain on the furniture.
My design is to glue the wooden grid ( upper right) on the outside of the house with a piece of clear plastic behind it. On the interior of the house, I will glue the window frame ( upper left )
To read more about my Kage furniture collection click here