My Little Corner of the Net

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Arcade Collection

Manufactured in Freeport, Ill., USA, Arcade Toys emphasized realism, although the use of painted cast iron for tables, benches and chairs (even over-stuffed chairs and sofas)  tested the limits of their slogan, "They look real." On the other hand, metal was appropriate for kitchen appliances. Made from 1925 to 1936,  Arcade furnishings are well designed in a larger than usual scale, 1:16 and marked on the bottom or back with the manufacturer's name embossed into the cast iron along with it part number.





















































My Arcade collection currently resides  here



To read about the Arcadian story book, click here






7 comments:

  1. Wow. These pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to collect more and find the cardboard house that was sold with them. Perhaps in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. son unas piezas fantásticas, te felicito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful very old pieces of furniture, Troy, you've already collectseveral pieces. I can imagine that you're fond of this furniture.
    Bye, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection Troy.. I answered my own asked on a previous comment about Arcade by googling around a bit. Awesome photos and pieces you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed seeing your pictures! I played with the kitchen and bath set when I was little. I found your site when I wanted to show my daughter what they looked like. I realized our set must still be in my mom's attic. Such good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it brought back fond memories. If you find anything I dont have in your moms attic, let me know! I would love to complete my collection.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete