My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Copper Kettle Company

I decided on a name: "The Copper Kettle Company"


I purchased an old soldering iron at an estate sale this week and decided to make a sign for the shop.  I was going to make it from brass and paint it black, but then I decided to try this copper wire instead - after all, its a copper shop right?






I have to admit, its pretty rough, but 'decent' for my first attempt with a soldering iron. I may try again with the brass instead of copper. I may be able to grind down some of the solder with my dremel? I found a design that I liked, sketched it out in AutoCAD and printed it out to scale.



5 comments:

  1. Me encanta el letrero,te ha quedado perfecto!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Troy,
    I really like the sign. It has an antique look to it.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how that looks. Very traditional and the copper scrolls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your signage and the name for the shop are both ideal for this Fine Establishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Troy - I like your name choice - adding the "Co." lends a very dignified air. The sign is just the perfect style - and I love the wire design. Nice work, especially for a first-time effort!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete