My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

TynieToy Nursery Update

I was able to get a second coat of blue paint on the antique unfinished furniture and paint the TynieToy style accents onto each piece.  Fortunately, there are several photos of TynieToy pieces online and I have quite a few pieces of furniture so I had good reference material.  I practiced on some pieces of cardboard before I attempted to paint on the actual furniture in the TynieToy style.
Each piece of TynieToy furniture was hand painted, mostly by students of the Rhode Island School of design which was across the street from the Handicraft Club where the company started in 1920.  I was able to appreciate my TynieToy collection even more after going through this process.  


Above are some of the reference pictures that I found online.



Here was an in-progress shot of the gold pin stripes (no flowers yet)


Here are some roses and greenery added

Here is the children's chair with the children's table ( The table is an original piece from the factory)

The crib with my artwork in TynieToy style

rocking chair from the factory

The high-chair with my artwork in TynieToy style

Children's folding screen with my artwork in TynieToy style

Children's dresser with my artwork in TynieToy style.  I need to add some drawer pulls.

This was a an extra telephone table that I decided to paint to match.  I have seen these used as end tables in other scenes.

Here is a photo of the nursery items so far.  I may or may not use the yellow rush seat rocker in this room.  The rug is an original TynieToy.

I need to add some accessories, some artwork and some bedding.  These are the original colors of the house.  The curtains are original to the house as well.  I was surprised at how well they work.  The house dates from around 1920.

To see my first post about this furniture, click HERE

To see my TynieToy collection click HERE




8 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job bringing the unfinished pieces into harmony with the finished ones! I'm very impressed with your tiny painting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful! I wouldn't be able to tell which are the originals and which ones you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - Your painting on the TynieToy pieces is beautiful, and your work is so like the originals that I can't see the difference. I love seeing all the pieces in the nursery. I really like the TynieToy rug, as well. I hope you'll show photos when you've added the accessories.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Troy! What a wonderful set this is! I Love the color! And the fact that you could get some original unfinished pieces to work with is amazing!!! The room in your antique dollhouse is just delightful! Those "twenties" rooms are very nostalgic feeling! I particularly love the original curtains! Touches like that are hard to come by! And lest I forget, your paint job on the furniture is perfect! Who could ever guess they were not painted all those years ago? I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que gran trabajo de pintura has hecho con los muebles infantiles,te han quedado preciosos!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY admire your steady hand with the fine details you've successfully achieved with painted nursery furniture, Troy- Well Done!
    It look perfectly at home in your 1920's house AND with the curtains too!

    ReplyDelete