My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, August 13, 2018

Another Tulsa Miniature Club Project Update

I made some progress on the dormer window and the roof.


I cut a window frame out of bass wood to match the same proportions
 as the lower window.

 I stained the wood using a walnut stain marker pen.


I decided to go with square ceder shake shingles.  I have a couple of large bags that I have acquired over the years.  I sorted through and picked out ones that were similar in shape, texture and color.


 I started to glue the shingles on, then realized that I should glue a piece of wood trim around the perimeter and paint it before I put the shingles on.


Here is a view with the shingles all glued on and fore-mentioned trim piece.


  I got one light coat of gray wash on the shingles.  Just in time for the August monthly club meeting tomorrow!









3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good! I love that hint of grey over the wood tones. And that window in the dormer is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Troy,
    I just love this project. the interior is so beautifully trimmed, and the exterior finishes are fantastic. Wonderful work my friend.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - I love that dormer window, and you've done a great job on the interior trim around the window. The shingles look good - I especially like the coat of gray wash. This project is looking so good!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete