My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A TynieToy Nursery

A baby on the way to Crescent Moon Cottage !



I have been collecting TynieToy items for the nursery in the Crescent Moon Cottage.

TynieToy was started in the 1920's and continued until the late 1940's. When the owners died in 1940 and 1947 the remaining inventory and attic stock was sold. The unsold items, in varying states of production from finished to unfinished were put away in storage. These were then sold at auction in the 1980s, and were purchased by the owners of a museum in California where they remained in boxes unit recently when they were put up for sale and are now available.


I have purchased a few of the unfinished nursery items.




I have also purchased a few finished nursery pieces. 
The rocker and child's table show below.



This week I have been  painting the unfinished pieces to match the finished ones.  I brought a finished piece to the paint store and had it color matched.


More to come!

To see my other TynieToy pieces, click HERE or click on the TynieToy label.

To see the Crescent Moon Cottage where my TynieToy collection resides, click HERE

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Troy - You've got a good color match! These pieces are so full of character; it'll be fun to see the final makeover results. I love the history of the TynieToy furniture - congratulations on acquiring these additional pieces for your collection.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the stores can match colors! The furniture looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso mobiliario para la habitación del bebé!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Troy,
    Those are some great pieces. You did a terrific job of painting them. They look lovely...I especially like the dresser.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete