My Little Corner of the Net

Friday, August 17, 2018

Tulsa Miniature Club Project - Copper Shop

I have decided to make my room box a copper shop.  I have collected quite a few pieces and this will be an excellent place to display them.  Still working on a name.  The lead contenders so far are: Copper Kettle, Copper Cauldron, and Copper Couture. Feel free to weigh in!



This month at our miniature club meeting, one of our club members taught a class on making morning glories to use on our room boxes.  She created this piece (shown below) for our inspiration.  All of the flowers are made from paper- note all of the detail like the butterfly.   The flower we focused on was the blue vine shown along the fence in the background.  See below for a brief tutorial.


The kits consisted of punched colored paper for both the flower and the leaves, some floral wire for the vines, and a foam pad to shape the paper on.  We also used paint, chalk, a few tools and eye shadow to tint the flowers and glue to put it all together.






More to come !

6 comments:

  1. How Charming! I think that a Copper Shop is a marvellous mini venue in which to display your handsome copper collection, Troy.
    And the club members inspiration SUMMERTIME garden is Delightful! Love her abundant combination of flowers as well as the tutorial for making the mini Morning Glories which is much appreciated- Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Copper shop is so pretty! I love how the copper contrasts to the grey stone. And those flowers! So pretty. Reminds me of my grandmother's garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to display all your lovely copper pieces! And I like your wire trellis! Another idea for the shop's name: Copper Keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfecta la idea de la tienda de cobre para exhibir todas esas maravillas,resulta encantadora!!
    Las flores están quedando maravillosas,son tan alegres y coloridas!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Troy! What a perfect use for this "corner"! The copper is so well displayed against the "brick" walls! The furniture looks like it was made for this spot!
    You could call it "The Copper Corner"....
    The tutorial on the morning glory flowers is great! I might just have to try that.. I have been wanting to make some for a long time! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Troy - You have a fabulous collection of copper; I'm glad that you now have a perfect spot in which to display all the pieces. I also think "The Copper Corner" is a very fitting name for your shop. All the flowers are beautiful, and they include some of my favorites - like the morning glories. I will definitely try to make some of those at some point. Yours will look impressive twining around the wire trellis.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete