My Little Corner of the Net

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Shabby Chic Cabin Update

I have made a few updates to the Shabby Chick Cabin so I thought that I would bring everyone up to speed.
 

When I left off at the sink, I was at a point where I needed drawer pulls.  I had some heavy duty foil left over from a knife making project at the Tulsa Miniature Club.  I titled the picture "foiled again" because they were just not looking to great.



I opted for a my stand by, and ordered a faucet and drawer pulls online from Miniatures.com.


Here is a picture of the sink all glued together with all of the drawer and door pulls installed and the faucet in place.


Here is a picture of the cabinet in it's place in the cabin.

I added a few accessories to see how it looked.  The rough hewn ladder came with the cabin kit.  I added a little white-wash.  The side table with the antique coffee grinder is a vintage piece (circa 1950's) by a company called Toncoss.


Here is a photo of the loft.  The majority of the space is taken up by a big brass bed ( a local estate sale find) all decked out in comfy white linen.

 I envisioned  the corner space of the loft as a place where the owner of this she-shed likes to escape and work on crafts including sewing.



Here are some views of the lower level



I chose a family picture from my daughter's wedding this summer over the fireplace.


Here is a view of the front porch.


I may add a ceiling fan to the porch and maybe some curtains to the windows.

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to be the 'she' hanging out in that shed :-)
    The kitchen dresser finished up stunning, and I just love how those vintage treasures are finding their way in and sitting so beautifully amongst all the other pieces.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Shabby Cabin style has a charming feminine appeal as well as a rough, outdoorsy masculine edge to it- Bravo Troy!
    and oh how I LOVE that ladder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me parece preciosa la cabaña! con ese estilo rústico y acogedor que invita a estar en ella!
    El fregadero quedó muy bien! El dormitorio me encanta y ese porche se ve maravilloso,estará bien un ventilador para los días calurosos.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Troy,
    Every time I see this project I am enchanted. It is absolutely perfect. Every detail and finish is just right.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I really like how your kitchen cabinet came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love projects that give ample opportunity to try new finishes and techniques and you have been able to incorporate so many of them beautifully in this build! Like Elizabeth said there is a harmonious balance between the feminine and masculine aspects and as far a the overall shabby vibe and feel you have totally risen to the occasion! Great work Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Troy - I have to say that I love everything about your Shabby Chic Cabin! The mostly white color scheme is so restful, and I like that you've added some darker wood pieces for contrast. The white linen on the bed is perfect. I have a RL brass bed that's very similar to your mini one, and now I'm inspired to dress it in white linen! The sewing corner and the simplicity of the bedroom accessories create a busy yet uncluttered space ideal for relaxing or working. The kitchen cabinet has turned out beautifully, and the ladder is such an interesting and unexpected piece! I think the table and chairs look right at home on the porch; what a nice spot to have morning coffee and listen to birdsong at first hand. All in all, this is a delightful project.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet cute house, it all looks beautiful, the flower tutorial here below, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Troy! You have pulled this Shabby Cabin together really quickly! The sink cabinet looks great.... I never would have known it was a re-modeled hutch! The loft with the sewing corner is my favorite... I love the wardrobe full of supplies! And the front porch with the table for dining is just the right touch... not too rustic but ready for outdoor living! The whole project is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete