My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Recent Acquisitions

I have recently found a few interesting items here and there.
   
All of the items are roughly 1:12 scale.  An old time Unical/Union 76 gas pump, a ceramic living room set, a vase from Mexico, a bird cage and a toaster! 

My parents owned a Union 76 service station when I was growing up so it was fun to find this at a local estate sale.  This pump is very nice with a glass top and and a heavy metal base.


The ceramic living room couch, chair and table are pretty unique.  I'm not exactly sure what I will do with them, but I have never seen anything like them before, at least not at this scale.  UPDATE - I found another set of these online advertised as Antique Maruyama Toki Yamashiro Ryunei porcelain from the 1930's. 

They are marked Made in Japan on the bottom.

I found a whole stack of antique tobacco felt rugs at antique mall for $10.  
I couldn't pass that up!


Most are marked on the bottom, but it is still hard to make out the words.
*UPDATE* I have learned that Egyptian Straights was a brand of cigarettes.


I would love to have you follow me on instagram @tulsaarchitect

7 comments:

  1. Hello Troy,
    Those are wonderful find. I really liked the ceramic sofa set, but I think the rugs are one of your best purchases.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Troy - Nice finds! The gas pump is a special piece and must have brought back many memories. The ceramic pieces are lovely and full of potential. I'll be interested to see what you do with them. I agree with Giac, though - the rugs are fabulous and an amazing purchase; how do you DO that?
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que buenas adquisiciones!! todas son muy interesantes y como ya te han dicho,las alfombras son una compra maravillosa!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ceramic furniture looks so elegant! And the rugs! Wow, you really scored on those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unas compras interesantes sobre todo las alfombras.
    Son una maravilla.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some really fun treasures! The little rugs would be cute in tiny dwellings but also make a really interesting collection on their own. I hope you have a great weekend - maybe you’ll find more treasures!

    ReplyDelete