My Little Corner of the Net

Friday, January 15, 2010

Four Season's Room Box























































This was a project that my then eight-year old daughter and I completed with objects we created at our local Miniature Club. The box itself is made from foam core and is divided into four compartments and each member of the club is working on one. Our project was to create a mini scene representing each season.
Spring was our favorite scene. Note the Spring Ballet Studio - We made a doll to look like my daughter Carolyn. She is an avid ballerina. The teal tutu on the wall was the first thing that Carolyn and I purchased together at our first miniature convention in Kansas City . You can tell that this Daddy was and still is proud of his little girl!

3 comments:

  1. What a little cutie she is! And I love the four seasons room box. You are fortunate to have a miniature club in your region. In Upstate South Carolina where I am, there is no mini shop, no mini groups, and I only know three other people who are even interested in scale miniatures. There is only one brick and mortar store in our state, Miniature Memories in Charleston which I have visited once.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments and compliments.
    She has grown into such a great young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun project!!! Your work is so clean!

    ReplyDelete