My Little Corner of the Net

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Miniature French Prints

I came across these signed miniature French prints at an estate sale a while back.
I had taken a miniature glass class earlier this year, so I was up for the challenge of replacing the glass.


The prints are both the same size and measure just 2-1/4" across.

This one has the a major crack in the glass while the other just had a chip on one edge

Both prints have this sticker on the back and as you can see from the photo, the glass, the mat board border, the print and back piece are held in place with a small metal clip

I measured the glass and cut.  I wont lie, I had to cut more than 2.  Glass can be a little tricky.

Here are both prints with a new clean piece of glass, ready for hanging.

5 comments:

  1. Good work! I love how they look. One of them looks a lot like a French painter we studied a bit in my required art class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has hecho un gran trabajo! es difícil cortar el vidrio con ese tamaño tan pequeño!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - I love these prints, especially the village scene. How nice that you were able to rescue them both. I hope you have a special place to hang them!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! both the pictures and your skills!

    ReplyDelete