My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, September 10, 2018

Copper Shop Side Yard

We learned a technique for making morning glories out of paper last month at our local miniature club meeting.  I decided to add them to my copper shop.  We are each working on a room box in the club and I decided to make mine a copper shop.


I debated on how to attach them to the building.  For now, I glued a small piece of wood.  I may add a box around it.  I came across the painted metal trellis at Hobby Lobby in the garden fairy collection in the floral department.

I drilled a couple of holes in the wood and glued the trellis in place.

We made a couple of vines of the morning glories at our monthly club meeting last month.
I also attached it to the building with a couple of bent straight pins and some glue up high.  (I may have to add some paint to the straight pins)

The flower is circle that was punch out of blue paper.  
The paper was "shaped" with a stylist over the piece of foam to the right.

After the bloom was shaped, I added a little dark blue eye shadow and a drop of yellow paint.

The bloom and then some leaves were glued with craft glue to floral wire.

I weaved the wire through the trellis to hold it in place then strategically added a few drops of craft glue at the base and on the trellis.

We had worked on some other paper flowers that were punched from colored paper in a previous class and so I added those to the mix.  They consist of a paper bloom attached to a piece of floral wire with craft glue.

Here is a photo of the my stopping point.  
If you look close, you can see a couple of paper punched butterflies too!


4 comments:

  1. I love how it looks! And the butterflies are perfect. I might need to try this out, depending on whether or not morning glories are something found overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Troy - I really like the trellis, and it's the perfect thing for the climbing, twining morning glories. It's a nice coincidence that I was just thinking about morning glories, because I'd like to make some to grow along my sod house walls. I also like that you added other varieties of flowers to mix with the morning glories - a cheery, colorful touch. Pretty butterflies!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your morning glorys are Glorious Troy, and are happily growing through the metal trellis. The colors and free form of the plants make a cheery spalsh of color against the plain surface of your wall.
    I have a wildly rampant RL white morning glory growing on the farthest side of my garden, which is a real nusiance however I LOVE seeing it in miniature so, thanks to you, I may try growing some in my mini gardens too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello troy,
    What a nice touch. The morning glories are beautiful and the color you chose looks great against the building. Well done.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete