My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, September 23, 2019

Recent Acquistions

I have picked up a few interesting pieces recently.  The tall country cupboard is 1:12 scale, the small console table is half scale and came with the cardboard house below, the silver filigree chair is probably not a scale, and the English timber building actually a ceramic piece and is marked made in England on the bottom.

I rescued this large cast iron stove from a friend at work!  He said he picked it up at  garage sale many years ago.  It has the original box from Montgomery Ward and probably dates from the 1970's.  It is pretty large, maybe 1:6 scale 


The small chair was from one of the old oil mansions here in Tulsa and the salesperson thought it was from the turn of the century.  I would love to find out more info on it?  Please let me know if you know anything.




And Lastly, I put up a shelf in my studio to store the 1930's cardboard house that I recently acquired.  It needs a few repairs and will get added to the list!


7 comments:

  1. Que piezas tan fabulosas!!! eres una maga encontrando cosas de interés!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your acquisitions but I think the stove is my favorite! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have to open up a museum soon, Troy! Your collection is far too wonderful and varied for the passionate not to be able to see it in person! The small chair's metal work is just delicately beautiful - what a marvel! Hope you find it's history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jodi's comment re:a museum, Troy! You have archived many vintage dollhouse miniatures with their varied histories stretching way back in time. I personally would've never known of their existence if it weren't for your informative blog and your detective's eye for spotting new additions to your vast collection.
    Thanks for sharing your newest treasures and you're probably going to need More Shelves!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great finds. I love that cardboard dollhouse, and the little timbered English house is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry I cant help you with the chair but I do love that stove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Troy - Wonderful finds, as usual! I completely agree with Jodi and Elizabeth about a museum display. Your collections are too marvelous to hide away. I love that old stove and the lovely filagreed chair!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete