My Little Corner of the Net

Friday, October 12, 2018

Estate Sale Finds

I like to go to estate sales during my lunch breaks.  This week there were two dollhouses for sale.  Both of them already had "SOLD" signs on them, but it was still fun to look.   I snapped some pictures if you want to look also.








This house also had some larger scale doll furniture for sale in the garage.  I didn't purchase any, but it was fun to browse.

The second estate sale had this giant house for sale:







I didn't leave empty handed.  
I picked up a few nice books and a couple of bags of accessories.




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous houses. I'm in love with the rugs.

    I'll have to keep an eye out for estate sales around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel somewhat sad when seeing dollhouses up for sale yet one has to imagine that someone spent MANY HAPPY HOURS building, playing and arranging them and just as with everything; when it's time we can only pass them on to someone else to enjoy playing and arranging them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always amazed at the prices they sell for. I know this person spent WAY more that the $250 that it sold for. But you bring up a good point that it most likely brought them many many hours of happiness.

      Delete
  3. Esta bien que la gente venda sus casitas si no van a poder trabajar con ellas. Eso da oportunidad a otros miniaturistas a recoger el testigo y seguir disfrutando de ellas.
    Es preferible que ver como se van estropeando.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Troy - What a great way to spend your lunch breaks! You always find such interesting things at estate sales, and these lovely dollhouses are no exception - even if they were already spoken for. I agree with Elizabeth that there is something sad about the sale of dollhouses that are no longer loved and looked after by the person for whom they were made. But it's easy to imagine all the happy hours spent working on and playing in those pretty rooms. I especially like all the beautiful rugs in the houses - and I also like your new books!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. True eyecandy! I need to start checking out some estate sales. A smart way to spend your lunch. You come back to work feeling great and it is low calorie to boot!

    ReplyDelete