My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, March 26, 2012

Metal Frame Furniture

I have had this table and chair set for a few years.  I believe it is part of the KAGE brand dating from the 1930's.  The chairs are 1"= 1'-0" scale while the table is a little smaller.

After photographing it with several different backgrounds, it seems it was easier to see the metal wire frames on a black background.  They are constructed of painted wood and wired frames.  The rest of my KAGE collection can be seen by clicking here.

I won these two green chairs in a box of items at an auction.  Most everything in the box was from Germany, so I assume the chairs are too.  I have not been able to find them in any of my books.  They have shiny chrome frames and the metal seats and backs are a textured and flocked with a nice green color.  The chairs are 1" = 1'-0" scale.  I suspect they are from the 1930's too, but would look great in a modern setting.  If anyone has any info on these chairs, please let me know!




 This pair of yellow chairs and aqua table are wood with wire legs.  They are from a company called Miniaform and date from the late 1930s.  They were sold with the large sofa and coffee table shown below.  This set is 3/4" =1'-0" scale.   I have a picture of this set in a 1939 catalog.  The picture in the catalog also shows a floor lamp.

I have this furniture in the "sun room" of my Playtown cardboard house which can be seen by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice collection of art deco Troy! Your green chairs are by Adda-Room Doll Furniture made by Huntington Industries of Detroit...no idea of date, but the box doesn't have a zip code. I have this set in blue with a chrome and "glass" table...and also a living room set with red sofa and 2 chairs...one brown, one gold...and a round matching table. The sofa and chairs have a suede finish. A friend said he has also seen a bedroom set in this design...hmm, that would be a hard bed! Will try to do a post soon to link to your chairs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florine and thank you! I knew someone would be able to come through for me. I would love to see the other pieces in the set. Looking forward to your post. Troy

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful collection! Congrats! Love those types of furnitures!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete