I had built a 1" tall frame when I built the cabin. The kit originally came with a sheet of wood paneling for a base, but I needed something more substantial. I have also run much of the electrical wires in the base. I re-posted some sketches from an older post showing how I altered the kit.
I have since added a small bathroom to the up stairs bedroom.
Click HERE for that post.
The next project is the fireplace on the other side of the cabin. This room was originally supposed to be the kitchen, but I am using it for the master bedroom.
This room is smaller so the I am going to make the fireplace smaller too.
I love the knots in the pine floor.
Here is an old sketch from a previous post showing my plans for the light fixture. I have decided not to run the rocks up past the mantel in the bedroom.
This was the original fireplace template that I cut from cardboard, but it still feels too big for the space. I will try some others until I get the right scale.