My Little Corner of the Net

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Recent Acquisitions

I have picked up a few items here there - mostly at estate sales in the area.

 Starting at the top - I came across these six containers (only one lid)  I'm not entirely sure what they are but I am going to use them for planters on my Art Deco Philco Radio house terrace.  Any thoughts on what they are?  Possibly salt containers?  I think they might be made from plaster.  Any help would be appreciated.  The wicker stroller, oak night stand and metal wash stand came from the same estate sale.  I think the oak piece needs a much smaller knob, unless this is original and worth something?? The wash stand is larger than 1:12 and I will be listing it on Ebay.  Other recent finds, Pink canisters on Ebay & vintage copper, and old glass dish marked "Made in Japan, a framed cross stitch soldier in a metal frame, a mouse trap and a couple of Krysebon miniatures ( spice drawers and phone.  My most recent find is the "rug"  Its actually a vintage leather Moroccan book cover embossed with 22 Karat gold!  

I plan to use the Moroccan leather book cover as a rug in my Art Deco Philco Radio house and the back flap as the ceiling. (see below)  My only quandary is should I cut it up or not?  While I only paid a few dollars for it, I found a couple online and they are kind of valuable... thoughts?


8 comments:

  1. Como siempre,has encontrado unas preciosas piezas!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..... a simple debate, Which do you want more - the money or the rug and ceiling? - which would give you the most joy? Gorgeous eclectic finds, everyone a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - I like all your interesting new finds. I have no idea what the original purpose of the containers could have been, but I love your idea to use them as planters in your Art Deco house. As for the book cover, which I think is incredibly beautiful, I wouldn't even hesitate to turn it into a rug and ceiling cover. Using it in that way would be of far greater personal value.(In my humble opinion!)
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you have the gorgeous pattern can you maybe scan it to a color printer? And recreate it without destroying your beautiful original?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, Troy! I say use and enjoy, just carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all your Recent Acquisitions Troy! You have an Practiced Eye for being able to separate the wheat from the chaff and the Moroccan leather book-cover/ rug is EXQUISITE!
    and I LOVE the little wicker carriage too!

    enjoy to the Max! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some lovely items. The wicker stroller is adorable. I agree about the oak night stand, the door knob does look too big. The Moroccan book cover rug is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete