Our local miniature club meets monthly and we started a new project this month.
We meet at a local library and started the project there.
Here is my project up to this point
This scene was the inspiration for the project.
Here was another project from the group
I had an extra window that I decided to incorporate into mine.
I stained all of the wood using a combination of wood stain pen and gel stain.
The next step after the paint dried was drawing lines for the brick.
I decided on 1/2" X 5/8"
Here is a stack of bricks ready to glue! I will be honest, this took a while.
The two wall are made of foam board. Make sure to draw on some guide lines.
I did a soldier course along the top. and under the window. All of the bricks are not the same size - it gives it a little more character.
I drew guidelines of where the wood would be and infilled that area with bricks
Here is a close-up. Let the bricks over-hang the edges, then when the glue has dried, cut off the extra material.
I used lightweight drywall spackling compound with a little bit of paint for some color to grout the bricks.
It seemed to spread around nicely with a clay tool I had in my tool box.
Here are the two walls complete
Next, I glued on the wood and glued some wood on the floor.
Here is the project up to this point. My homework is complete until next month!