Initially I was going to use wood for the porch floor, but then decided that stone would look better. I infilled the center of the porch sections with foam. It is both lightweight and created a surface that I could glue to. Another reason I am using Paperclay instead of real rocks is because it is very lightweight. I had used real stone on a house previously and it weighed a ton!
I coated the porch with craft glue and laid the clay over it. I smoothed it out and then 'drew' a stone pattern with my clay tools. Then I worked each stone to try and make it look unique and stone-like.
Here is the corner column with the stones attached. While the clay was still moist, I worked & shaped it into the original angled design.
Here was some more progress on the floor and one of the other corner porch supports.
Just one more column to go, then I will continue with the stone base around the rest of the cabin. I have decided that I will hold off painting the rocks until after I get all of the stone installed.