My Little Corner of the Net

Friday, January 4, 2019

Happy New Year !

Wishing you a happy 2019 !


I have purchased a few items for myself in the past few weeks - A miniature vintage plastic nativity, an antique book and a 1930's Strombecker stove ( 1:12 scale).
The book is German, has a verse for each day of the year and dates from 1909.

I have also included a few pictures of miniature houses that I have seen on a recent trip to Utah.

This "Santa's Workshop" was for sale in an antique store.


I posted some pictures of the inside on my Instagram - feel free to follow : tulsaarchitect


This old house was in the same shop - it was one room and the (dusty) roof lifts off.

This display was in a mall in Salt Lake City - when you pushed a button, a narration of "Twas The Night Before Christmas" played.


As the story progressed, different rooms in the house (or the roof) lit up!  

8 comments:

  1. Muy buenas compras y unas preciosas fotos!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to tell the story of The Night Before Christmas with audio and timed lighting!
    And your new/old minis are a lovely Christmas Present from you to you! ;D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! I love the interactive house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preciosas compras y unas fotos muy bonitas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Troy - Happy New Year to you, too! Your new acquisitions are very interesting, as usual - I do covet that German book! I've enjoyed seeing the special Christmas house displays. I love the brick chimneys on the Dusty Old House - and it would be so fun to see and hear the Night Before Christmas house in person. Thank you for sharing these unique houses.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Troy, You have found treasures. I would be using translator each day to use the little German book. Fancy it surviving since 1909!
    All the best for 2019. How the years slide by!
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete