I have acquired a few TynieToy pieces that need a little work.
I acquired this Tynietoy shield back chair a while back. Note a small piece of of the back is missing. I cut a replacement piece, glued it in place.
After letting the glue dry, I sanded it and stained it to match. Matching the stain was not an easy task. I ended up using a few different layers and colors, and even some markers to try and get a close match.
Another Tynietoy project that has been on the shelf was the corner of this dressing table. When I bought it, it was missing a piece of the corner. I sanded some wood to the correct thickness and glued it in place. Then sanded it to be in alignment with rest of the top.
The paint touch-up, it close but not quite there yet. It looks better than it did when I started.
This Tynietoy lamp project has been on the back burner also. I purchased the lamp knowing that the shade was damaged. It had been repaired many years ago using some old fabric tape.
After removing the tape, the old brittle hand-painted cardboard shade was in pieces.
I attached the pieces to some thin acid free vellum using some acid free glue
I was mostly happy with the piece, but the white vellum really stood out.
I came across some metallic, gold color acid free scrap book paper and decided to line the shad with that.
One of the things that I really enjoy about this lamp are the original old metal brads with lots of patina.
It mostly looks pretty great now and probably a lot more like it did when it was new.
The Tynietoy company manufactured dollhouse miniatures from 1920 - 1942. They enlisted students from the Rhode Island School of Design to hand paint each piece.
To see some more of my Tynietoy collection click HERE or the label below.