My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Recent Acquisitions & Magazine News!

I have come across a few interesting finds at estate sales.


The Victorian Chair, gum ball machine and resin bench are all 1" scale items.
I had never seen a gum ball machine with the words on the the dome before.
I also came across a Japanese plate with a stand, a wooden Coca-Cola crate and my second Tupperware bowl.

The 4 chairs are 3/4" scale and are marked "Williamsberg KIRK STIEFF PEWTER" on the bottom of each seat. See below:


In other news, an article that I wrote about my Kage brand miniature collection was published this month in dollhouse miniatures!





5 comments:

  1. Hello Troy,
    Those are wonderful. The pewter chairs are fantastic and I love the Japanese plate. These are all great additions to your amazing collection. Congratulations on the article.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congratulations! Those pewter chairs are gorgeous. My mom was a Tupperware lady and I loved those little bowls on the keychains for my Barbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always source out the most interesting vintage miniatures Troy, and I particularly like the Victorian chair and the garden bench.
    The Tupperware bowl reminds me of growing up and my mothers fun-filled Tupperware home parties- Good memories!
    And my Congratulations on your getting some of your collection published in Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine; I know just how stoked you probably feel! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Troy - It's so amazing to me that you keep finding these things and finding these things - all such unique pieces. I love the upholstery fabric on the Victorian chair - and I also like the detail on that garden bench. The Coca Cola crate looks exactly like a real-size one that I have; I wonder if there are miniature Coke bottles that will fit. All these new pieces are great finds, as usual. Thanks for sharing. How nice to know that your Kage collection article was published in Dollhouse Miniatures magazine - congratulations!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Published! And I love Kage furniture, though it can be hard to find. I use it in 1/2 and 3/4 scale buildings, especially my vintage Rich and Keystone homes! I must read your article!!! -Little Loosie

    ReplyDelete