My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Recent Acquisitions

My Willits take a seat collection just grew by one!


This chair is called the Stardust Memories Chair


It was created in 2001 and the Stardust chairs were not sold in stores.  They were only available at events and signings by the creator.  The back is inset with tiny rhinestones.


To see my Willits take a seat collection by Raine click HERE


I came across a handful of old hankies.  I like to use them as table cloths and bedding.



I recently won this stately Sonia Messer book on ebay. 


 This secretary is a companion piece that I have been restoring.


I also recently acquired this Sonia Messer wing chair.


I was lucky enough to come across this Sonia Messer chaise.  It is in mint condition still in the box.

Here is the label on the bottom.

 and here is the label on the box.  


The same dealer had this Sonia Messer side chair.  It was also still in it's original box.


Here is the bottom of the chair and the label on the box.

I was surprised to see the difference in color of the fabric on the chair that had been in a box it's whole life vs. the one that had been played with.  for So my question to all you enthusiasts out there.  Is there a way to clean the yellowing fabric without ruining it?  Or is it better to leave it?

To see posts of my Sonia Messer Block House furniture click HERE


I came across these woven pieces at a local estate sale.  They reminded me of western rugs or Indian blankets.  They are roughly 4.5"X6" .  I know at least one will end up in my cabin, but I am not sure what to do with the other 11.  (they were sold as a set) 

 At another estate sale, I came across this wooden rocking toy and a ceramic dog house.  They are both marked "Japan" on the bottom


That same estate sale had this vintage Fomerz mirror for a couple of bucks.  
I liked the inlaid wood.

5 comments:

  1. Love that chair...reminds me of art deco

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that same chaise lounge which used to covered in dark green velvet, until I recovered it back in the early 90's and sold only 4 weeks ago for pennies. I didn't know that it was a Sonia Messer!? -
    boy oh boy, in this hobby you learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Troy,
    These are lovely. I especially love the rocking toy and the Stardust chair. What beautiful and unique pieces.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Troy - I love seeing all your collections; I've just been looking at your "Take A Seat" collection, and I'm pretty sure that I've turned all green with envy. Those chairs are wonderful. I've never seen a chair like the "Stardust Memories" one - even the name is beautiful! I like to use old handkerchiefs, too - they do make perfect curtains and bedding because they drape so softly. Thanks for sharing all these wonders!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering if you could post about your Fomerz collection? I also have a set of blue table and chairs and a red set. Would love to learn more about them!

    ReplyDelete