My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, December 23, 2013

Glass Bead Christmas Tree

This is a re-post from last Christmas.


My mother in law gave me a kit that she had purchased nearly a decade ago.  It was a Christmas Tree made from glass beads. The kit had a few ornaments and a wood base and a glass dome and hundreds of miles of wire and glass beads. The branches took a very long time to try and get into place and attach to a wire armature.   I added a few items including a string of working lights.  I hid the battery pack in the giant red present.  The lights are by Lemax and I was disappointed that they are not very bright.  I used a some antique ribbon that I found in an old building nearly 25 years ago in Nevada.  I believe it dates from the 1920's.  


Here are all the items under the glass dome.  I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. What a great mixture of old and new! What a sweet Mother in law you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have taken hours to put together but it is a lovely tree. I had never thought of doing a tree from beads before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Troy,
    What a wonderful Christmas tree. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Hugs Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree! I love that it is made of beads. Lots of work maybe, but certainly worth it! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Troy! Somehow I don't get the updates from your blog....?! Anyway, here I am:D!
    I hope you had a wonderful Chrsitmas. This dome with the Christmas tree is wonderful to see, I would love to see the lights burning.
    My best wishes for you and yours for 2014!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. re post or not, you've made a gorgeous decorative piece. And a clever solution of hiding the battery too! What better way then to disguise it as a present :)

    Happy new year to you Troy!

    ReplyDelete