My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recent Acquisitions

My recent acquisitions lean towards some of the heavy wood items that every home needs.


Below is a Tynietoy bookshelf that I purchased on eBay.  I believe it dates from the later period, maybe 1940's or 1950's because of the applied panelling on the doors and the type of logo on the back.


The rest of my Tynietoy collection can be seen by clicking here.


This corner cabinet dates from the 1950's and is from Lynnfield.  It matches the dining room chairs I found on eBay not too long ago.  They can be found by clicking here.


I found this "Victorian" style dresser and bed at a garage sale.  I like the unusual shape of the bed.  I will use it in my Victorian house.  I think I can dress it up with some proper linens and pillows.


These items  are from misc. estate sales over the past few weeks.
The console table is missing its drawers, but that is an easy fix.  I like the mahogany magazine rack, it should fit nicely with one of my 1940's sets.  I will probably use the the magazine rack with spindles and the wall shelf in my Victorian house.


Here are a few other odds and ends to accessorize with.  The rocking horse is a Christmas ornament, the small metal greenhouse box has a small potted plant inside.  The bench with Birdhouses will most likely be getting a paint job!  If you look closely, at a garage sale or estate sale, you can always find something mini - I found the metal basket of eggs, the copper measuring cups and the miniature porcelain tea set this week.


This walnut desk is part of the Strombecker collection.  I purchased it on eBay in a huge lot of furniture.  The rest of the lot will be going back on eBay!

 It was one of the pieces I have been watching for.  The rest of my 1" Strombecker walnut collection can be seen by clicking here.


My 3/4" Strombecker collection can be seen here:



3 comments:

  1. Hello Troy,
    You have such a fantastic collection! i love all you have shown us, but these pieces are really beuaitful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Troy!! You are finding some incredible pieces. Keep 'em coming.

    Happy Holidays
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety! Glad to see youre still collecting Tynietoy

    ReplyDelete