My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, February 5, 2018

Recent Acquisitions

I have not gotten a lot of miniature work done in the past month, but I have acquired a few items here and there.
From left to right - a few 1/2" scale Tootsie Toy miniatures painted gold, a 1:12" scale ceramic "Chippendale" style chair which is actually a container, a wooden corner chair, some 3/4" walnut Strombecker pieces including a piano, a dining table and an end table, a ceramic refrigerator and a small pewter cup.

The pewter cup is marked REVERE PEWTER on the bottom and after a little online research, I found it is called a Jefferson cup.  I figured it make a unique planter.


The chair is actually a decorative box

Here is a close-up of the Tootsietoy pieces.  These are all duplicates so I will most likely be listing them on Ebay along with the Strombecker items.

I found this Tynietoy chair at a local estate sale for $1.

It is marked with an ink stamp on the bottom.

I came across these 1:12" scale wooden pieces at another estate sale.

I also picked up this house.  It needs a few repairs, but it is in pretty great shape.

Here is a view inside 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great finds! That dollhouse looks really good. And I love that wood furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Troy,
    Those were more great finds. I love the house!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - You've done it again! I always enjoy seeing your latest amazing finds. I happen to have two of those exact same corner chairs (real size) in my (real size) house.The handleless Jefferson cup is very interesting, and I love the Tynietoy chair - what a bargain! The doll house is another wonderful piece - it'll be fun fixing that up!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Troy! You do find the most amazing minis! I love the dollhouse... I would have taken it for sure... even without having anywhere to put it! LOL! It will be fun to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have a good eye and a good nose for sniffing out the Perfect Items for your collections! I LOVE the dollhouse and know that you will be putting Everything you've shown to good use too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !!! it's beautiful and so lovely,i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    หนังตลก Comedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when you share your latest finds! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete