My Little Corner of the Net

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Beaded Christmas Tree

This is a re-post from a few years ago.


My mother in law gave me a glass bead Christmas tree kit that she had purchased nearly a decade ago.  It was a Christmas Tree made from wire and glass beads. The kit had a few ornaments and a wood base and a glass dome and hundreds of miles of wire and glass beads. The branches took a very long time to try and get into place and attach to a wire armature.   I added a few items including a string of working lights.  I hid the battery pack in the giant red present.  The lights are by Lemax and I was disappointed that they are not very bright.  I used a some antique ribbon that I found in an old building nearly 25 years ago in Nevada.  I believe it dates from the 1920's.  


Here are all the items under the glass dome.  I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Troy - This is such an unusual tree; it sounds like hard work, but worth the effort. I like the gifts and toy rocking horse around the tree - a nice display. I'm too late to wish you a Merry Christmas (although I hope it was!) but I do wish you a very Happy New Year!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Troy,
    What a terrific tree! I hope you had a lovely Christmas andf I wish you all the best for 2018.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous.. such a lovely display for Christmas time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your good idea so much and I hope you had a lovely Christmas andf I wish you all the best for 2018.

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete