My Little Corner of the Net

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas Village 2017

We put out Christmas Village up this past weekend.  Each year things go a little different and this year was no exception.  We got a new couch this year and it is not the same shape as our last one, and not quite as large.  
  

 The village went up mostly the same as in previous years and here is finished version.

Here is the "before" shot of our living room

Here is an in-between shot after gathering all of the buildings out of their boxes.


As in previous years, I built a platform from empty plastic tubs and placed a piece of plywood on top for stability.  The new couch is not as large as our old one but it still worked out just fine.
I like to use the styrofoam inserts the come in the boxes of the village pieces to add height and variety to the landscape.  I had to re-cut the big piece of foam core that I use on the lower level since the old piece fit around the curved section of our old sofa.

To see complete instructions on how I set up the village, click the links below:

To see the previous year's village set up, click HERE

To see how I set up the village, click HERE

Probably the biggest change in the village this year was the Angel Moroni statue on top of one of the larger churches.  







11 comments:

  1. Todos los años,me impresiona su belleza y éste no es diferente,me encanta como ha quedado!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Everything looks festive and cozy!
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est magnifique et magique, comme chaque année. Bravo Troy pour cette féerie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always know I need to start putting out my decorations when your village goes up! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Troy! I love your tradition! It is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I love the way that you set up your village and I see that you state that moat pieces are from Village Square previously sold by Mervyns. I have some pieces and since I am in a larger house now I am ready to take them out of storage and set them up. I want to add more things and I cannot find an answer anywhere,,,, what current Christmas village on the market matches most closely the Village Square? I'm hoping you will know and have some suggestions. Thank you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Troy,
    I always look forward to seeing your amazing Christmas villages and this one did not disappoint. I love the way it wraps around the new couch. It is so magical.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy,
    Yes, all of the village pieces are Village Square by Mervyn's which is no longer in business. (except for one piece that is special to my mother-in-law and came from her village) I have had the best luck finding other pieces on ebay, however, I have found a few at estate sales and antique malls here in Tulsa.
    On ebay you can search for Mervyn's Village Square, Mervyns Village, and just Village square. Good Luck - I would love to see some pictures of your village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I was hoping to find a current village being sold in stores to mix and match with mine,,, but I will search for Village Square itself! I miss Mervyns!! I used to find such great things there-- I still have the California Missions(which light up) that they sold. Do you remember those? They were beautiful and I have the snowglobes they solf to match... thank you again for your information!

      Delete
  9. Very Festive, Troy! I wasn't in the mood for Christmas, UNTIL I saw your Christmas Village and I LOVE the arrangement of the houses on the tiered stand A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Troy - I'm happy to see your Christmas Village again this year. I love those warm lights, the sparkling snow, and the joyful, festive air through the entire village. This display definitely nurtures the Christmas Spirit - now I can start planning some decorating fun! Thanks for setting the mood!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete