My Little Corner of the Net

Sunday, January 4, 2015

San Antonio Trip

My family and I rang in the new year in San Antonio Texas with family this year.

 





There were some great miniature models at the Alamo, one of San Antonio's most famous landmarks and the symbol and site of the beginning of independence from Mexico.


My apologies in advance for the quality of the photos.  The models were both inside plexiglass cases the lighting wasn't the best.  The mission was built around 1744, but by the early 1800's it had become a military outpost.


This first scale model showed the extent of the fort and the condition of the chapel ( lower right) around 1the time of the famous battle in 1836.


This scale  model showed the famous battle in which 200 men, women and children barricaded themselves in the mission and held their ground for 13 days until finally being overtake by 5,000 Mexican soldiers.


I was able to stop by a miniature store MyDoll House, Inc.  One of the last miniature shops in the area.   I met Tillie and the Saturday volunteer Linda.  They were both very friendly and the shop was fantastic and bursting at the seams with almost anything miniature that you could think of.  I found some great miniature wall paper.  
I would recommend stopping if you are ever in that part of the country.  
They have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/My.DollHouse.inc
and a website:


2 comments:

  1. It's nice to find miniatures and a miniature shop while you are away on a family trip. Looks like you had fun =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in San Antonio some years ago I took a taxi from the hotel out to My Doll House in Alamo Heights- great shop! So glad to hear they are still there. A wonderful city to visit.
    Happy New Year Troy!

    ReplyDelete