My Little Corner of the Net

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Arcade Cast Iron Dining Table

I recently added this dining room table and 6 chairs to my Arcade Cast Iron furniture collection.  It came with 6 chairs and has the original red paint.  Now I need to find the dining room cabinet and buffet to complete the set.


The Arcade Company manufactured cast iron toys in Freeport, Ill., USA, Arcade Toys  boasted that "They look real."   Made from 1925 to 1936,  Arcade furnishings are well designed in a larger than usual scale, 1:16 and marked on the bottom or back with the manufacturer's name raised in the cast iron and the item number.


 The chairs are embossed with a "725" on the back and the table is marked "721"



The rest of my arcade collection can be found by clicking here

I posted about a book the Arcade company put out here

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have ever actually seen items from this company, but I like them!

    ReplyDelete