My Little Corner of the Net

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Glass Bead Christmas Tree



My mother in law gave me a kit that she had purchased nearly a decade ago.  It was a Christmas Tree made from glass beads. The kit had a few ornaments and a wood base and a glass dome and hundreds of miles of wire and glass beads. The branches took a very long time to try and get into place and attach to a wire armature.   I added a few items including a string of working lights.  I hid the battery pack in the giant red present.  The lights are by Lemax and I was disappointed that they are not very bright.  I used a some antique ribbon that I found in an old building nearly 25 years ago in Nevada.  I believe it dates from the 1920's.  


Here are all the items under the glass dome.




My son found an entirely different use for the glass dome!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Christmas items under the glass dome.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little Christmas dome. Your son is hilarious! Love this photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troy, you did a beautiful job on both "creations"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very quickly this web page will be famous amid all blog people,
    due to it's nice articles
    My site : lanautica

    ReplyDelete
  6. The christmas tree is lovely. What a nice gift from your mother-in-law. Your son is hilarious!!
    Have a wonderful 2013 and keep posting. Your blog is so great!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little tree!! I have never seen one like that.... but it looks like a very Victorian item!!! And your son made me laugh out loud!
    Happy New Year to you and your Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun, Thank you for posting the pic of the "alternate use of the glass dome". A sense of humour will take him far.
    Regards and all the best for New Year.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son reminds me of Buzz Lightyear in his space suit and helmet for the movie "TOY STORY" To infinity and Beyond!!!
    I admire your "patience of Job", in stinging together all those beaded branches! There is a lot of satisfaction that comes with completion of an endeavor such as that. Clever way to hide the battery pack in the large gift, which is also, beautifully done.
    All the best!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete