My Little Corner of the Net

Monday, June 11, 2012

Miniature Treasure Chest

I have been pretty busy these past few months.  Most recently, I have been preparing for my son's scout camp.  They have a pirate theme this year and I am in charge of one of the projects - a miniature treasure chest.  After a few trial and error runs, I determined that the lid was going to be too hard to build by hand. Arrgh!  So I pre-assembled them. The scouts will put together the base of the box and apply the straps.


The troupe is on a tight budget and luckily, Home Depot donated some supplies.  
I finished assembling these kits last night and the boys built them today. 




My son Cole is now on the lookout for some treasure!

2 comments:

  1. What a great project! Your son looks quite proud and should be!
    I will be patronizing Home Depot AGAIN today! Nice that they donated some supplies for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project! It's GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat! cm

    ReplyDelete