My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Asian Collection

I began collecting items for an Asian inspired room a few years ago.  I have purchased a piece or two on eBay or picked up a few items at garage or estate sales.  Here is a small scene that I put together of what I have collected so far.


Here is a small group of of both Japanese and Chinese vases and a little ceramic Buddha.

I found this small framed art piece at a garage sale.  It is a mixture of shells, plastic and beads on red velvet.  I pictured using this small lead gate in some sort of garden.  The red box in the background was some perfume box that I snagged from my mom's house.


This black screen is actually plastic.  It is very detailed.  Most of the black lacquered furniture was from a set I won on eBay a few years ago.



I picked up the two black folding lanterns at an a estate sale.  The tassels are a little faded, but still look great.

I picked up this wood fan at the dollar store.  I have not figured out what I will do with it yet, probably some sort of architectural details.  The green metal cart is actually stamped "France" on the bottom, but it seems to fit with this stuff.


Here is a close-up of the wooden fan.  Looking back, I wish I would have purchased more.


Here is a close-up of the table and chairs


Here is a close of the lanterns




I was thinking that I would probably make an Asian inspired room in my Victorian house. 


8 comments:

  1. You have quite the collection, Troy! It looks like enough for your own Mini-Antiques Mall!!! I have been hoping I could find some old wooden fans like that.... I'm still looking! The lanterns are especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Troy for sharing your chinioserie! I used to pick up those sandalwood fans at World Bazaar or Pier One but never thought of their miniature opportunities (til now)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have everything you need to do a roombox right now! Beautiful things.
    I've found those wooden fans at WalMart in the candle department. Not sure if they still have them?
    Hope you have a great evening!
    Blessings,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collection is fantastic.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some wonderful pieces! I love the elegance that emerge. Congratulations on such brilliant acquisition! A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Troy,
    That is a lovely collection!
    I think the fan might be great to make some kind of shutters, or possible a ceiling molding or paneling of some kind...it's beautiful and I can't wait to see what you do with it.
    All the best,
    Giac
    N.B. I keep forgetting to takedown the issue numbers of Miniaturas...I'll mention them in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Troy,

    What a great collection, love those lanterns! the fan was a good find too, sure you'll be able to think of a good use for it!

    A Chinioserie room would be a perfect backdrop for your pieces!!


    regards
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pieces! I especially like the little scene set up in the last pic...and some good suggestions in the comments too! Can't wait to see what you do with these wonderful items! Flo

    ReplyDelete