My Little Corner of the Net

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mixed Feelings

I came across this photo online (courtesy of Country Living magazine ).  I guess I have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, its better than sitting somewhere not being used at all or in someone's attic - but on the other hand, I could picture restoring it and using it as a home for some of my antique dollhouse furniture!  I do think the large decorative brackets are great and would be a great way to display a wall mounted dollhouse.

6 comments:

  1. I can understand your mixed feelings, but I think it is a nice and original way to use a dollshouse and better than in the attic or a damp shed! But as a lover of dollshouses I can imagine such a house full of lovely furnishings.
    Miniature greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sin duda es una buena forma de reciclaje, pero para los amantes de las miniaturas, una lástima...

    It is certainly a good way of recycling, but for the lovers of the miniatures, a pity...

    ¡¡Mini hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would rather see it restored and with furniture. I like the brackets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. que blog bonito, que paciencia tienes y gusto, te felicito!!!, te espero en mi blog
    papelesanimados.blogstop.com, saludos, Danae

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think toilet paper and laundry supplies should ever be stored in a dollhouse! But the brackets are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't tell you about the cabinet I made with two, front-opening doors painted with the facade of a brick, Federal-style building. The shelves inside lined up at the proper 'floor' levels, though it wasn't intended to be a dollhouse. I gave it to my sister and I think she keeps DVDs in it, lol!

    ReplyDelete